Friday, February 19, 2010

Convention & Craft Fair Schedule 2010

So far, I've been able to confirm a few events that I will be exhibiting at in 2010. There are a few more that are pending, but in any case, I've listed the first few so that you can plan in advance to come out and visit me so that I'm not sitting by my lonesome self. *ahem*

Sunday, March 7th
The spring San Diego Quarterly Comic Con (10am-4pm) will be a special event to benefit the Boys & Girls Club -- so it's not just nerdishness! It's nerdishness for a good cause. Free admission for kids 12 & under! And $7 at the door for adults (OR $5 if you print the SDQC homepage OR $4 if you order tickets via will call).

This is my first time going to this show, but I think it should be interesting. It seems more like a "dealer show" like the ones that are at the Shrine Auditorium in LA (mostly giant boxes of comic books, for people looking for rarities) and in the vein of the old school comic conventions. So it might be a good thing to have something a little different from what everyone else is selling.

Friday, April 2- Sunday, April 4
It's Wondercon! Ryan went to this show for the first time ever last year and loved it. It's organized by the same kindly folks (Comic Con International) who throw the big shindig in San Diego (COMIC CON!!!) but it's a much smaller show, and in San Francisco to boot! Lots of indie books, small press, and other local/small-ish artists. Ryan loved everything about it and he decided then and there that we would be back. I'm actually on the wait list for a table, but there's a very good chance that I'll be selling here too! I'll have my stuff in my luggage, just in case. You might even see me hawking it by the subway stop - why not?

Thursday, May 27 - Sunday, May 30 (Memorial Day Weekend)
Back to Phoenix Comic Con! Last year was our first time ever visiting this show and we got an Artist Alley table and loved it. Not just that I sold everything that I brought (thank you, good people of Phoenix!) but all the people were so nice. Lots of young people who were artistic and thoughtful and sweet and would come and chat -- so unlike everywhere else that we've been! The young people of Phoenix (or at least the ones hanging around comic conventions) are super swell. I'm really looking forward to this show. Plus, some of my crafty pals are also coming back for Year Two, although they've upgraded to a full booth (!). So be sure to stop by and see me (ahem) and then check out the Sock Zombie and Puppet Pie booth!

Thursday, July 22 - Sunday, July 25
San Diego Comic Con: the granddaddy of all comic conventions. I don't think I'll actually have a table at this show, but it's possible -- I've got a couple of irons in the fire (wish me luck!). But I may be doing something adjunct to the actual convention floor... I'll keep you posted. Regardless, if you happen to be coming out for this one, keep in touch! We'll meet for snow cones or something!

Friday, October 8 - Sunday, October 10
Our first east coast trip of the year! All the way to New York city for the NY Comic Con! We've attended this lively little convention twice but haven't exhibited yet. I'm excited to see what happens! The show gets bigger every year and you know what they need? DOT PAINTINGS!

Friday, October 29 - Sunday, October 31
Long Beach Comic Con returns! This was a super fun show last year and I am excited to be a part of it again. This show is more of an "artist show" where the artists are on prominent display. Sure, there's toys and collectibles and panel discussions and movie previews - but more than anywhere else, your favorite artists are literally on display! Right there! Just walk up and say hi! I credit this wise artist-centric focus for the general cheeriness of the crowd. Everyone was smiling and excited - which is so much fun for a vendor. I get to talk to happy people! Who then smile at my silly artwork!


There is at least one more show that I am trying to slip into the schedule and possibly return to the Quarterly conventions if it works out well. It's going to be a busy year! But I'm excited to get started! I suppose I should be working on things to sell, eh?

No comments:

LinkWithin